“Minnesota Nice” testing. The friendliest VE team on the internet! No Recording!
Mankato Area Radio Club VE Session
This online session is over Zoom.
Registration is required if you wish to attend this session. If you register, we expect you to show up on the test date. If you cannot attend the test session after registering, DO NOT wait until the last minute to let us know. Contact Mike WX0MIK at email@example.com. Is the session full? Please email me if the session is full and I will see if we have the capacity to add you to the test or set up and alternative time.
To register click register below.
- Candidates 18 and older pay a $15 testing fee. A retest fee will be $15.
- Candidates under the age of 18 pay a testing fee of $5.
What you need
- Must have a stable Internet connection
- One or two devices which both have camera capabilities.
- Mac or PC/Windows computer, or
- Smart Phone, tablet or second computer with webcam.
- $15.00 Exam Fee must be paid before the exam.
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport) ** If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification
- Non-photo ID/Driver’s License (some states still have them)
- Birth Certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- Social Security Card
- Library Card
- Utility Bill, Bank Statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on FRN account.
- Students/minors may use any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
- An FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) is required by anyone wishing to take an exam and you will create on during the registration process.
- Please provide any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions if your license or upgrade has not been issued by FCC.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed or you may use the calculator on the same computer on which you are using for the exam.
- One clean sheet of paper on both sides.
- You may not have any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas.
- Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones' calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, smartwatches, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices may NOT be used as a calculator. However, they may be used as a second device for video.
Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel or have other questions!