Hawaii Emergency Radio Operators (HERO) is sponsoring an in-person paperless exam session. This exam will be held at the Aliamanu Community Center, located within the Aliamanu military housing area at Red Hill. For registration issues or questions, contact “RC” Anderson, Ph.D. - KH6B at cell: 808-224-3930, office: 808-800-4387 ext 1, or KH6B@mail.com
You can find out more information about Hawaii Emergency Radio Operators by visiting our website at https://www.HERO.Radio
Standard test requirements for each applicant are as follows:
- A government issued photo ID is required.
- If you have recently passed an exam and have not yet received your license from the FCC, bring any CSCE credits that may apply.
- FRN number is required to register for the exam session. You may obtain your FRN number at the following website: https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/support/universal-licensing-system-uls-resources/getting-fcc-registration-number-frn
- Active email address.
- Fee: $12 cash, no checks, exact change.
- An Android tablet device for taking the paperless examination will be provided. For exam integrity, candidates are not allowed to supply their own electronic devices for the exam session.
- No caps, smart watches, ear buds, headsets, etc. may be worn during the exam session.
- If you want to use a calculator, you must be able to demonstrate to the Volunteer Examiners that the memory has been cleared out and that no formulas or settings remain within its memory. Such formulas and settings can be reprogrammed back into the calculator once we verify the memory has been cleared.
- Please make sure that you arrive to the exam session site a few minutes early so that we may begin the exam session on time. Late arrivals will not be allowed to enter so that we do not disturb others who are taking their exams.