Hello there and welcome to this session! We are excited to get you licensed and/or upgraded! Please see the information about the session below. Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or requests!
FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Registration
- Open to any person interested in taking a US FCC Amateur Radio Exam.
- This exam session will be held on the California Polytechnic State University campus in San Luis Obispo, California.
- All license classes (Technician, General, and Amateur Extra) are available.
- This session is only for taking the amateur radio exams.
- Multiple exams are available for the same fee. Please make sure you have studied sufficiently for any levels you wish to test for. This is not a place to “try” taking the exam without adequate preparation.
- Exam fees are WAIVED for minors (under 18 years of age), students with a current ID, first responders, active military, veterans, and GLAARG VEs upgrading to Extra. You may submit the waiver form (which will be emailed within a week of the session) if you qualify.
- After you register, you will get an email closer to the exam date with a link for you to pay the $10.00 fee. You will additionally get your applicant PIN once you have registered.
- Please either pay or submit the waiver form as soon as you are able to.
- Bring a photo ID, such as a driver’s license or student ID.
- A few days before the session, you will get an email with further information on payment, location, and when to arrive.
- You may bring a blank piece of scratch paper and a writing utensil if you wish to use one.
- You are also welcome to bring a calculator if you wish. Make sure the history is cleared and that there is no memory.
- The exams will be given through online software. Tablets will be provided for testing. Testing on a personal device may be allowed as long as the device can be checked and secured.
- Any other documents, personal devices, or study materials will not be allowed in the testing room.
- If under the age of 13, please fill out the COPPA Parental Consent Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.