Saturday, March 6th at 12PM EST Online Exam
- Exam fees are waived for minors 18 years and under, students with a current ID, first responders, Active Military, Veterans, and GLAARG VEs upgrading to Extra.
- All classes of exams offered. Order of exams are: Technician, General, Amateur Extra. Please make sure that you study for the correct exam. This session is for the exam only and not for the prep course.
- You can take more than one exam per session. We only ask that you have studied for that element and have been scoring at least 80% on practice tests.
- ZOOM session invite and communications will be sent to email used to register. Fee must be paid or form submitted requesting the waiving of fees immediately after registration or slot may be released for someone else.
- Must have computer/laptop with stable Internet, video and audio. No headphones or earbuds.
- If you are not 13 years of age or older you may not register for any exam session through HamStudy.org or ExamTools.org until your parent or guardian has filled out our COPPA Parental Consent Form and emailed it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a courtesy copy to email@example.com.
- You will need a FRN. If you don't have one already, you will need to obtain one at https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/support/universal-licensing-system-uls-resources/getting-fcc-registration-number-frn.
Requirements for testing
Please review the requirements listed on the GLAARG-VEC website: https://glaarg.org/remote-sessions-faqs/
Must have a laptop/computer with stable internet connection, camera, and audio. May use a phone or tablet as a secondary device to show the room around you. (Chromebooks are usable but do require a second device for camera.)
Able to access a modern browser. (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
Able to use Zoom as the video conferencing platform.
A testing space that is clear of study materials and clutter. This place needs to be where no one will disturb you during the exam. (Some great examples include: a porch, bathroom, patio, a spare bedroom, and others. Be Creative!!!)
Able to clearly read your Photo ID through your web camera.
Fully-Remote Amateur Radio Exam Administration Video: https://youtu.be/lovtrgFJtJ8
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST BE READY TO PASS
When session becomes full, please email email@example.com directly for additional availability in this session or Check Availability in All Online GLAARG Sessions.
GLAARG-VEC Volunteer Examiners collect a nominal fee of $10 to cover operating costs from all applicants. This money is submitted to the organization; all test proctors are volunteers.
Fee must be paid (or fee waiver form submitted) immediately after registration or slot may be released for someone else.
Pay your $10 exam fee via PayPal by invoice. Invoice will be sent out before exam date. If you don't receive an invoice 48 hours before the exam please email me.
Submit this Form to have your fees waived, if you are a minor 18 years and under, a student with a current ID, a first responder, Active Military, a Veteran, or a GLAARG VE upgrading to Extra.
Expect a Zoom link to be sent out the day before the exam. Please check your spam/junk folder for our email messages and mark them "Not Spam".